Stormwater Infrastructure Improvements
Funded by the stormwater utility fee, the City Council of the City of Florence passed the ordinance to issue a bond in the amount of $7,000,000 in June 2021, for stormwater infrastructure improvement projects. These improvements will help alleviate localized flooding within the identified project areas and address the concerns of the residents.
Additionally, the City is using these funds to leverage additional grant monies for more enhanced improvements. Please see the below list of projects that is currently in process.
Stormwater Bond Projects:
- St. Anthony / College Park drainage improvements
- Sandhurst West drainage improvements
- Waccamaw Drive / Tarleton Estates drainage improvements
- Malden Drive drainage improvements
- Cannon Street / Pennsylvania Street drainage improvements
- Woodland Drive / Thomas Road drainage improvements
- Rebecca Street drainage improvements
- Dargan and Elm Street drainage improvements
- Cheves Street drainage improvements
Stormwater Grant Projects:
- Cedar Street / McQueen Street drainage improvements
- N Church Street / Oakland Avenue drainage improvements
The above projects are in various stages of construction, design, and field investigation based upon the complexity and extent of the project.