Join our team!
Awarded the 2019 South Carolina Top Workplaces award- standing out to employees, talent, and customers.
The City of Florence is the economic center of the Pee Dee region, flourishing with an array of cultural events showcasing local artisans and entertainers. Our workforce is the face and heart of our city government, serving, protecting, supporting, and interacting with our ever-changing community. It’s our employees that help continue our mission of improving the quality and standard of living in our area. The City employs over 500 individuals in a diverse array of services.
Along with competitive salaries, the City of Florence offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- State Group Insurance (health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability)
- Voluntary Insurance Benefits (short-term disability, whole life insurance, accident, cancer, critical illness)
- General Leave/Sick Bank Plan
- Employee Wellness Clinic (free & on-site for employees and dependents)
- Paid Holidays
- Performance Evaluations (salary increase available)
- Longevity Pay
- South Carolina Retirement Systems Public Pension
- Optional South Carolina Deferred Compensation Plans (401k & 457b)
- Subsidized Insurance Premiums in Retirement (100% of State Insurance premiums after 25 years, 50% of State Insurance premiums after 20 years )
- Employee Assistance Program (free professional counseling visits-five per topic)
- Employee Wellness, Safety, & Employee/Management Improvement Programs
- Employee Service Recognition Programs
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Formalized Training/Development Opportunities
- Employee Finder Fee Award Program
The City of Florence is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, religion, age, political affiliation, disability, national origin, genetic information, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.