Clerk of Council:
The City of Florence maintains a Council-Manager form of government. The Clerk of Council provides assistance to the City Manager, Mayor, and Council, and maintains a recorded history of government actions. The City Clerk serves as a link between the public and City government; some of these services include: assisting the public to address Council, managing the boards and commissions process, and performing records management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as Clerk to the City Council.
- Assists citizens to address City Council.
- Publishes notices of public hearings and other legal advertisements.
- Serves as custodian of all permanent records pertaining to the City and City Seal.
- Certifies and posts all official actions by City Council, i.e., all requests for actions, resolutions and ordinances.
- Records, transcribes, distributes and archives minutes for all City Council coordinated workshops, retreats, meetings, and sessions.
- Manages the boards and commissions process for board appointments, and tracks all nominations and appointments.