Community Center Rental Policies and Procedures
Rules and Regulations for Use of Parks and Community Centers
- The parks open one (1) hour before sunrise and close one (1) hour after sunset, except for lighted events.
- Trash receptacles are located in various areas of the facility. All trash must be appropriately placed in these receptacles during events.
- Skateboarding is NOT allowed except at the Skate Park located at McLeod Park.
- Pets are NOT ALLOWED in Community Centers. Service Animals ARE ALLOWED. Animals designated as Therapy pets ARE NOT ALLOWED. Pets are allowed in general park areas and must be on a leash at all times. Please clean up after your pet. For your convenience, pet waste stations are provided at various park locations.
- Alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs will NOT be tolerated in any park or community center.
- Except for law enforcement personnel, firearms and weapons are NOT allowed in any park or facility.
- Fireworks are NOT allowed in any park or facility except when specifically authorized by special permit.
- Self-contained grills are allowed in the park or facility, provided they are kept at least 12” off the ground. The resulting coals and grease must be removed from the park.
- The parks are designed to accommodate foot and bicycle traffic only. Bicyclists may be required to walk their bikes when large events are in progress and/or to ride in designated areas, AS DIRECTED BY EVENT OFFICIALS.
- Motorized vehicles, including motorcycles and four-wheelers, may park on-street or in designated parking areas. Except for maintenance crews and emergencies, all other vehicles must receive permission to enter the park for loading/unloading purposes. If approved, vehicles must be removed to a designated parking area before event begins.
- No inflatables of any type are allowed on the premises of any of the parks.
- Specific areas or amenities in the park can be reserved upon approval of a formal request submitted to and approved by the Parks & Recreation Department staff. Call 843-665-3253 for more information.
- The deposit is used for damage and overage. The facility should be left in the state that it was found. The deposit will be forfeited if these conditions are not met.