Parks & Facilities
USE AND RENTAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
To manage the City of Florence facilities in a manner to assure equitable opportunities for use without risking the quality of our facilities.
This will be accomplished by using the following:
- Outline the available facilities and dates of usage.
- Outline the facility scheduling policies and procedures.
- Define rules and regulations regarding usage.
- Define the fees and charges for use of the facilities.
- Manage the limited number of facilities in a fair and equitable manner.
B. Statement of Priorities
A Park use Permit is required when a group wishes to use an amenity or to reserve a portion of a park in order to ensure availability at a specified time. These permits are available on a limited basis and in accordance with the priorities noted below:
- Parks & Recreation Department scheduled activities and programs.
- Activities and Programs conducted by other groups or organizations that are co-sponsored by the Parks & Recreation Department.
- Civic, service, or social organizations which conduct non-discriminatory and non-profit activities; church sponsored social events
- City resident non-profit private functions.
- Non-resident non-profit private functions.
- Fundraising, for-profit events and partisan activities.
C. Available Facilities
The City of Florence Recreation Department is responsible for scheduling the use of facilities. Fees and charges may be assessed for the use of any facility to help partially offset park operational costs. Security Deposits may be applied to rentals. These deposits are refundable if the venue is left in a clean and neat manner. If a venue is not left in a suitable manner, the deposit may be forfeited. Security Deposits will be sent via mail in the form of a check. The check will be made out to the permit holder after the rental has concluded. This process may take up to 14 business days. Business Hours include: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. The Administrative Office is located at 513 Barnes Street, Florence, SC. The City of Florence Recreation Department reserves the right to increase facility usage fees if additional costs are incurred. The following facilities are available for rental use:
Contact: Community Center Coordinator - (843) 665-3253
- Maple Park Community Center
- Levy Park Community Center
- Northwest Park Community Center
- Dr. Iola Jones Community Center
Community Center Use
Full Facility for Full Day
$25 Refundable Security Deposit
$30.00 for facility plus $17/hour for staff coverage