Sergeant Terrence Carraway Memorial Scholarship Now Accepting Applicants
SERGEANT TERRENCE CARRAWAY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
(Funded by the Florence Police Fund & Terrence F. Carraway Foundation)
The Sergeant Terrence Carraway Memorial Scholarship was established in January 2019 to honor the life of Sergeant Terrence Carraway (E.O.W. 10/03/2018) and to continue his passion for the advancement of youth in the Florence and Darlington communities. This scholarship is a need-based fund, awarded annually to two recipients from Florence County School District High Schools and two recipients from Darlington County School District High Schools. Scholarship awards are made payable to the recipient’s educational institution.
- Must attend Florence County School District High Schools or Darlington County School District High Schools.
- Applicant must be a high school senior and meet all high school requirements to graduate or have GED equivalent.
- Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning, which may be a two year or a four-year college or vocational school.
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States.
Criteria for Awarding Scholarship:
- Must submit a completed application.
- Must submit a 500-word essay on the topic provided on the application.
- Must provide a copy of your current high school transcript.
- Must provide a copy of your ACT/SAT scores if available.
How are recipients selected?
Candidates are selected based on a comprehensive review of the information submitted with the candidate’s application.