The City of Florence Recreation Department offers a wide variety of athletic programs and opportunities for citizen participation. Some are directly sponsored by the department, while others are offered in conjunction with another co-sponsoring business or organization. Registration for athletic programs occur on a seasonal basis several times a year. Registrations for both youth and adult leagues are:
- February for Baseball, Youth and Adult Softball, and Track & Field
- May and November for Basketball
- August for Gymnastics (Register at the Gymnastics Center @ Freedom Florence)
- July for Football/Cheerleading
- August for Cross Country, Fall Youth Softball and Fall Adult Softball
- Tennis Programs register all year at the Dr. Eddie Floyd Florence Tennis Center (665-3106)
Registration information is announced through local media, including public access cable channel 11, local newspapers, and is available on the department's athletics website at www.cityofflorenceathletics.com . Be aware of whether the activity you are registering for is on an individual or team basis, as some sports require you to register as a team and others require you to register to join a team. Registration fees vary by activity.
For more information, please stop by the City of Florence Parks & Recreation Department offices, located at 513 Barnes Street, between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, or call 665-3253.