The City of Florence Parks & Recreation Department offers a wide variety of athletic programs and opportunities for citizen participation. Some are directly sponsored by the department, while others are offered in conjunction with another co-sponsoring business or organization. Registration for athletic programs occur on a seasonal basis several times a year. Registrations for both youth and adult leagues are:
- February for Baseball, Youth and Adult Softball, and Track & Field
- May and November for Basketball
- August for Gymnastics (Register at the Gymnastics Center @ Freedom Florence)
- July for Football/Cheerleading and Fall Youth Softball
- August for Cross Country and Fall Adult Softball
- Tennis Programs register all year at the Dr. Eddie Floyd Florence Tennis Center (665-3106)
Registration information is announced through local media, including public access cable channel 11, local newspapers, and is available on the department website at www.cityofflorence.com. Be aware of whether the activity you are registering for is on an individual or team basis, as some sports require you to register as a team and others require you to register to join a team. Registration fees vary by activity.
For more information, please stop by the City of Florence Parks & Recreation Department offices, located at 513 Barnes Street, between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, or call 665-3253.